The Marketing editorial team welcomes all contributions and news tips – on or off the record, anonymous or attributed. Here are a few tips to make it easier for you:
- Editorial coverage is in no way related to any advertising arrangements you may (or may not) have with Marketing magazine. All decisions on editorial content are made by the editorial team with one objective in mind – increasing the magazine’s readership amongst advertising & marketing professionals in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please don’t ask the advertising salespeople for editorial support; they have no influence over editorial matters.
- Marketing magazine goes to print around the 22nd of each month. Whilst the Marketing editorial team will do their best to include late-breaking news, they do ask that you submit your news at least a week before then whilst they plan the coming month’s edition. Marketing Daily, on the other hand, is emailed every afternoon and is basically planned and completed every working night.
- Like all news magazines, Marketing loves exclusives and scoops but the editorial team understands that you’re probably looking to get coverage in all the publications in this sector. If you have sent your news to other advertising & marketing publications, that’s OK, just let us know.
- Under no circumstances is Marketing magazine or Marketing Daily content released prior to publication.
- The Marketing editorial team is inundated with invitations to industry events and they do their best to attend every one but please be understanding if they can’t make yours, especially around deadline time (around the 16th to the 26th of each month). On the occasions when they can’t make it, please send them the press kit anyway.
- Media companies would be well served to ensure that the Marketing editorial team is exposed to their products on a regular basis – they’ll be much more likely to write about it if they’re familiar with it.
- Marketing’s readers like the way the magazine is consistently structured every month. Therefore the structure does not change on an ad-hoc basis. If you have something to contribute, please think about which section(s) of the magazine would be most relevant and contact the most appropriate editorial person directly.
- If your piece was not taken up by Marketing, call the relevant member of the editorial team and ask why – you will get a coherent reason. If a bad call was made, they’ll admit to it. Please contact the Editor and/or the Publisher if you feel you that the explanation was not satisfactory.
- At times, Marketing reports news that may reflect poorly on companies and/or individuals - Marketing makes no apology for this. However, when on the rare occasion the magazine makes a factual error, the record is corrected as soon as possible. If a report is factually correct but you feel that it was not fair, you are invited to have your say in a letter to the Editor.
- Please send all Libel letters directly to the Publisher.