Ruder Finn inks PR deal with LVMH
Shanghai - Ruder Finn has joined the agency roster for luxury brand owner LVMH, to help promote its Moët Hennessy Diageo brands across the Greater China region.
The contract with LVMH runs until the end of 2009 and sees Ruder Finn provide nationwide strategic planning, media outreach programs and events management, co-led by Ruder Finn's Shanghai and Guangzhou offices, to ensure strong coverage in the key markets of South China.
The retainer covers well known cognac brand Hennessy X.O and other Hennessy Prestige brands, Glenmorangie Whisky and Veuve Clicquot and Krug Champagnes.
Part of the agency's brief is to push these brands in the "less sophisticated" third-tier cities.
"As the media in these cities are less sophisticated, Ruder Finn's strategic and creative approaches will include media as well as consumer education especially for single malt whisky Glenmorangie and the Champagnes," the company said in a statement.
Gao Ming, general manager Ruder Finn Shanghai, said cross-branding opportunities were currently being considered.
"Our 20 plus strong China luxury team will be able to tab into their broad expertise and understanding of the media in this area to best support these brands," he said.
- Ruder Finn China
- Moet Hennessy
Ruder Finn China Related Stories:
- Ruder Finn starts the year with a new GM
- Bosch hands major PR contract to Ruder Finn
- Ruder Finn retains Cotton Council PR biz
- Ruder Finn adds a string of luxury wins
- Liu returns to Ruder Finn fold
- Shou returns to Ruder Finn in training role
- China firms struggle to prove CSR worth
- Pfizer taps Ruder Finn for breast cancer work
- Cotton selects Ruder Finn China