Poster, Outdoor, Cyber and TV Lotus winners named
Pattaya - Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore and GT Inc Tokyo were the only agencies that picked up Best of Shows at Saturday night's Awards show, which honoured winners from the Poster, Outdoor, Cyber and TV categories.
Saatchis Singapore won Best of Poster and two Golds for its Thai SPCA ‘Pet Adoption' campaign entered for the Public & Private Services category, while GT
GT Inc Tokyo won Best of Cyber and a Gold Lotus for Sony Walkman's ‘Rec You' in the Integrated Cyber Campaign category.
Saatchis Singapore also won two further Golds for its work on Wonderbra 3D, and Golds were distributed to TBWA/China from Shanghai for Adidas' ‘Olympic Launch', Dentsu Thailand from Bangkok for Canon IXUS 75's ‘Cheetah', JWT Singapore for Gibson's ‘Making Out' and Ogilvy & Mather Thailand from Bangkok for WWF's ‘Tree'.
Compared to the previous year, entries for the Cyber Lotus Awards grew by almost 50% to 449 entries in 2008. Agencies from Tokyo were the big winners taking all three Golds, six Silvers and 10 Bronzes.
The other two Gold awards were picked up by 777interactive from Tokyo for Sony Bravia ‘Color Tokyo!' and Hakuhodo Inc. Tokyo for Tyrant Habanero's ‘The Desperate Entry Exam'.
In the Outdoor category, there was no Best of Show named and the only Gold trophy was awarded to DDB Sydney for its work entitled ‘Gum By Numbers-Marilyn' for Hubba Bubba Gum. The agency also won a silver award for the same client.
A Best of Show was also not given out for the TV Lotus category but the two Golds that did get awarded went to ADK Tokyo for its Maxell DVD campaign ‘For ever and ever' and Dentsu Tokyo for Rikunavi's ‘Ms. Yuko Yumada Looks for her First Job'.
- Dentsu Thailand
- Ogilvy and Mather Japan
- Ogilvy and Mather Thailand
- Saatchi and Saatchi
- TBWA China
DDB Related Stories:
- DDB shines at Agency of the Year Awards
- Omnicom agencies bag NEA account
- Gina Sim to lead Fonterra at DDB
- DDB China nabs ex-BBDO director
- McDonald’s new hunger for Hong Kong
- StarHub & DDB: Behind the scenes
- Nespresso goes on a gastronomical adventure
- DDB nabs McCann GM for China VP role
- Bentley taps first agency for mainland
- DDB to boost young creative in China
- Reebok picks DDB as global AOR
- Hitting too close to home?
- DDB appoints COO Asia
- Axe finds a cure for cuddling
- TSL rebrands with lengthy TVC
- Case Study: T-Mall’s $19 billion sales in a day
- 2012: Disappointing print, great videos
- IKEA reenacts Obama’s victory embrace
- Tourism Australia calls global creative tender
- HKT ups its Service with Friendly Faces