Top agencies, cities and a client honoured at ADFEST
Pattaya - Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore was the most awarded agency at ADFEST 2008, with a haul of 21 medals, while Bangkok was the most awarded city with 50 medals in all.
Some Golds Saatchis Singapore picked up this year were for Thai SPCA's ‘Pet Adoption' campaign and Wonderbra 3D. The agency also won the accolade of Agency of the Year, one of six Special Awards given out.
Of the remaining five Special Awards, Network Agency of the Year was awarded to JWT, Direct Agency of the Year was Leo Burnett Sydney, Interactive Agency of the Year was Bascule Inc. Tokyo, Film Production Company of the Year was awarded to Phenomena Bangkok, and Advertiser of the Year was presented to Adidas.
ADFEST re-introduced its Special Awards this year to recognise outstanding contributions at the ADFEST LOTUS Awards from agencies, production companies and advertisers.
This year, 1,592 delegates (1,274 international and 318 local) from 77 cities attended the festival. The top five cities were Tokyo (436 delegates), Bangkok (317), Seoul (103), Singapore (80) and Jakarta (69).
In total, the Working Committee of ADFEST received 5148 entries to the ADFEST Lotus Awards, with the most entries in the Press Lotus category. Mumbai, India, was the city that submitted the most entries, followed closely by Bangkok, Thailand, and Singapore. Grey Worldwide (Mumbai) was the top submitting agency, followed by Leo Burnett (Mumbai) and McCann Erickson (Mumbai).
Top 3 Awards by Agency
Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore 21 Awards
JWT Singapore 14 Awards
Dentsu Inc Tokyo 13 Awards
Top 3 Awards by city
Bangkok 50 Awards
Singapore 47 Awards
Tokyo 43 Awards
- Grey Global Group
- Leo Burnett
- Saatchi and Saatchi
- McCann Erickson
Grey Global Group Related Stories:
- JayGrey Sydney hires young talent
- G2rams creates outdoor cinema for Philips
- Green Sense serves up finless Jaws on plate
- Grey branding for Elis across China
- StarWorld names Grey Hong Kong as AOR
- Grey boosts creative with new ECD
- Cancer Fund ad push urges women to check
- Sony Bravia channels Grey
- G2 adds DPI to shopping list
- Grey Delhi appoints associate VP
- Grey Mumbai makes senior appointment
- Grey Group brings Tay on board
- VIDEO: Grey readies for Year of the Tiger
- Grey beefs up regional team
- Yahoo! drives mail usage via talent quest
- Grey Group wins Colorado in Oz
- Grey bags Siam Park City creative account
- Shabaz resurfaces at Grey
- Allianz appoints Grey to global account
- Grey sheds old agency skin, adds Furby