Automotive sites revv up traffic
New online data from Hitwise shows that for the week ending 8 December, Smart Cars (www.smart.com) was the most popular website in the automotive industry, holding 9.77% of the market's share of visits.
Smart Cars website outranked other popular websites Porsche (www.porsche.com), Honda Japan (www.honda.co.jp) and Honda Hong Kong (www.honda.com.hk).
Appledaily.atnext.com, the online version of Hong Kong newspaper Apple Daily, directed 54.12% of traffic to Smart Cars.
Daily percentages show a peak in traffic of 78.86% from Apple Daily online to Smart Cars on 4 December, meaning possible advertising for Smart Cars or an article appearing on Apple Daily online drive increased traffic, Hitwise data shows.
Prior to the spike in traffic from Apple Daily Online, for the previous week ending 1 December 2007, the main source of traffic to Smart Cars was from search engines Yahoo! Hong Kong Search (search.hk.yahoo.com) and Google Hong Kong (www.google.com.hk).
- Apple Daily
- Hitwise Asia Pacific
Apple Daily Related Stories:
- Locals take Mainland fight to print
- Hong Kongers vote for stupid
- Still room for in-depth journalism: SOPA
- 4 June anniversary spurs heavy online talk
- Apple Daily encourages creative in media
- Apple Daily tops local news sites
- Better read than dead
- Asia's business elite fuel readership growth
- Evergrande in $40m newspaper buy
- Online Media of the Year: IT News No. 7 Apple Daily