GroupM China launches mLab
Beijing – GroupM China unveiled mLab (pictured), a digital experience centre that provides media agencies and clients with augmented online-offline digital support.
Located in the company’s Beijing office, mLab aims to create a platform that lets the group’s agencies and clients better understand and apply the latest technology.
Every Friday, for example, mLab hosts digital training sessions that cover the latest trends in creative and interactive digital marketing as well as technology developments.
On the information front, mLab will not only conduct analyses on tech trends and new media marketing development directions, but it will also create proprietary products and solutions based on these new technologies.
Alongside the new platform is the launch of GroupM Interaction App, a self-developed mobile application that delivers domestic and international industry news, digital reports, video case studies, work-related database, Q&A, voting and a calendar to its GroupM clients.
The app is available on iOS and Andriod.
“MLab and the GroupM Interaction App will 'digitalize' and 'mobilize' GroupM and its clients, helping to close the gap between technology and application, and pushing the frontiers of digital in China," said Tony Chen, president of GroupM Interaction states.
“The ‘wave’ of digital media is entirely transforming traditional media and marketing,” said Bessie Lee, CEO of GroupM China.
“As China’s largest media investment company, GroupM China is constantly learning, experimenting, and moving in new directions. This initiative forms just a small part of our larger strategy to digitalize our offerings. “
“GroupM China is focusing its talent, structure, and investment strategy to ensure continued leadership in the digital era.”
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GroupM Related Stories:
- The changing face of recruitment
- GroupM debuts mobile marketing system
- Mindshare ties up with Masscom on Unilever
- WPP brings audience buying firm to HK
- GroupM to speak at Talent Management 2013
- Puneet Arora to lead GroupM Philippines
- GroupM acquires Filmworks China
- Bessie Lee takes the reigns at WPP China
- Lower-tier cities obsessed with "face"
- GroupM: Don’t forget lower-tiered markets
- Helping HR become social
- Netbooster for WPP and GroupM
- GroupM China appoints chief of operations
- Branding doesn’t start with HR
- GroupM goes full-on digital creative
- Xaxis sets up shop in Malaysia
- China ad spend to hit RMB 440 billion
- Purchasing power of tikes on the rise
- GroupM gets new head of search
- GroupM shuffles global roles