New mobile marketing player in HK
Hong Kong - Havas Media has expanded its mobile marketing brand Mobext to Hong Kong.
Vishnu Mohan (pictured), CEO of Havas Media Asia Pacific, said mobile is one of the key disciplines that the group has identified for growth and expansion.
In Asia Pacific, Mohan said mobile has evolved beyond a touch point in consumers' life. In China and India, mobile usage is growing exponentially even in lower-tier cities.
"Our ambition is to ride on this growth and deliver our world class mobile marketing offering to brands looking to expand in some of the biggest markets in the region."
Havas has also extended Mobext to Indonesia along with Hong Kong, as well as Singapore and Malaysia earlier this month.
To lead the expansion, the group promoted Arthur Policarpio, former CEO of Mobext Philippines as head of Asia.
In Hong Kong, Jason Kwong, current head of Media Contacts, will be taking on additional responsibilities as head of Mobext.
Mobext is currently present in 19 markets globally and offers mobile marketing services including messaging, mobile internet, display and search.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Havas Digital
Havas Digital Related Stories:
- Social and mobile fuel TicketWorld success
- UNICEF online art auction pulls in over $3m
- Lee exits Havas to join McDonald's
- Havas explores new ad options with Mobext
- Havas Media acquires Snapworx Mobile
- Havas Digital makes senior hire
- Top management shake-up at Havas Digital
- Media Contacts drives Chevrolet Cruze leads
- Havas strikes search deal with Omniture
- Mohan ends web marriage joins Havas
- MediaContacts SE Asia bulks up