IPG launches leadership programme
Malaysia - In developing emerging talent around the world, IPG Mediabrands has launched the Development Council, masterminded by the executive leadership team at the World Markets cluster.
The Council is a program designed to identify high potential talent and challenge their creativity through their involvement in critical projects within the agencies.
Chosen members under the programme will work closely with upper management in contributing new strategies towards the advancement of the IPG Mediabrands agencies UM, Initiative and BPN.
Prashant Kumar, president of World Markets Asia at IPG Mediabrands, believes that they initiative makes IPG Mediabrands one of the best places to work worldwide in the industry.
"We are giving them the chance to contribute their fresh and bright ideas in projects led by the senior management, while fostering the creativity and innovation of these individuals and prepare them to be the future leaders of tomorrow," added Kumar.
It launched early this year with the World Markets senior leadership team opening the call for company-wide entries to all candidates from the 52 offices in 39 countries that comprise the cluster.
It received over a hundred submissions and the first group of members was chosen from different backgrounds and professional experience.
In Malaysia, Hanim Mazam, senior planner at UM, was selected to become part of the council.
"It opens up a new territory of exploration, one of immense scale and challenges. By working alongside the other members of the council, we are able to cross leverage our knowledge in order to deliver the best solutions and results," said Mazam (pictured).
Today, the 2012 World Markets Development Council is comprised of delegates from Colombia, Denmark, Egypt, Malaysia, Norway and Portugal, from different disciplines within the agencies such as media planning, finance, digital, etc.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Universal McCann Malaysia
Initiative Related Stories:
- Initiative bags AIA media business
- Initiative drives off with Manheim
- Dunkin Donuts picks Initiative China
- Let's move it, says 100Plus
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch
- Initiative hires for key mobile position
- Subway settles media account
- Microsoft's Bresseel heads to Initiative
- THE ICONIC selects Initiative for media duties
- NETS banks on Initiative
- Soho appoints Initiative
- Zuji books media with Initiative
- AJE matures relationship with Initiative
- MCYS appoints agency partners
- Initiative to raise US$1m in charity push
- Livingston takes CEO role at Initiative
- Initiative wins digital duties for Nescafé
- Initiative names MD to drive G14 growth
- Initiative Thailand grows biz
- Initiative Australia buffs portfolio