StanChart questions a bank's worth
Global - Reflecting its ‘Here for Good' proposition Standard Chartered Bank has launched its latest TVC slated to run in multiple markets.
The campaign, created by TBWA\Singapore asks viewers a provocative question, ‘What good can a bank do?' and comprises a visual diary depicting a day in the life of four real individuals, from Asia, Middle East and Africa documented in their actual surroundings.
This is also coupled with an invitation to the public to engage in conversation at the campaign microsite which was also created TBWA\Singapore. The microsite, allows customers the opportunity to be part of a ‘global voice'.
The TVC is already airing in India and Thailand and subsequently, it will launch in China, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan. In Singapore, the campaign runs on cable channels such as Discovery, CNN and BBC. It is running along side the print and OOH ads.
The microsite was developed with a backend algorithm designed to capture data on key industry-related topics online and in social media. It then automatically generates and displays trending information in graphic form.
Aside from viewing a wide range of initiatives across the globe, users also have the choice to view trending topics in their own geographical region.
"This campaign goes further than merely putting our logo on TV and billboards," Claire Fedder, head of brand at Standard Chartered Bank said.
"We are encouraging people to visit our website and tell us what's most important to them. This will help us create a digital barometer, which will enable us to demonstrate how we are listening," she added.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
TBWA Related Stories:
- M+S makes agency appointments
- TBWA\ China focuses on shopper behaviour
- Wyeth Gold takes kids around the world
- TBWA\ boosts creative team
- Lay of Draftfcb joins Creative Juice
- AIA consolidates creative with TBWA
- TBWA appoints DAN president
- DAN Singapore names new leadership team
- StanChart pumps marathon up on Facebook
- TBWA nabs JWT's creative lead
- BBDO appoints strategy lead for Asia
- TBWA\ appoints planning director
- Tangs goes for major brand overhaul
- McDonald's brings monster in for CNY push
- General Electric shows innovation with the old
- One2free redefines social gaming
- TBWA\KL promotes Shaun Tay
- ISC Innovators beefs up team
- TBWA snaps up Indian digital shop
- The importance of creativity