Samsung cross-dresses for local touch
Hong Kong - Samsung has roped in a cross-dressing Louis Yuen to front a series of viral videos mocking TVB's controversial reality show Bride Wannabes.
The campaign is Samsung's local efforts to promote its new mobile model under the global tagline "Designed for Humans".
The viral videos aim to add a Hong Kong flavour to the global campaign and highlight the user-friendly features of the product, according to Leo Burnett, the agency behind the push.
"We have leveraged the global initiative into a bigger ideal, positioning the mobile phone as a companion that is ‘even more human than human': it simply treats you better than your loved ones," Leo Burnett managing director Lilian Leong, said.
She added that the main purpose of the viral videos is to engage.
"To bring the brand closer to Hong Kong, we tapped into the talk of the town - Bride Wannabes, as it fits with our message of seeking true love.
"By bringing forth comedian Louis Yuen, the videos shall guarantee a good laugh."
The campaign was featured in several local media yesterday including Apple Daily's mobile app, recording more than 400,000 hits in a day.
The videos will be running on Facebook and YouTube.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leo Burnett
Leo Burnett Related Stories:
- Leo Burnett appoints ECD
- Twinings Tea appoints Leo Burnett
- Leo Burnett appoints Samsung business lead
- FrieslandCampina and Leo Burnett part ways
- Leo Burnett wins global brief for Pfizer
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- Relationships matter more than tech trends
- P&G celebrates Tet with mothers
- 7-Eleven markets with sweets and a big heart
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Beacon/Leo Burnett realigns digital effort
- 7-Eleven makes noise with baby on drums
- Ebay classifieds show its humorous side
- Indigo to drive hype for game show launch
- Ducks with flaming gas go viral
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Leo Burnett appoints Kyriakou's replacement
- Be Natural picks agency down under
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- The Curious Cat speaks up about tiles