Japan picks digital lead for tourism push
Hong Kong - Japan National Tourism Organization has awarded Hakuhodo the digital duties for its upcoming annual tourism campaign following a four-way pitch.
The agency will lead the official website, Facebook page, online banners, and a lucky draw for Japan's tourism campaign 2012-2013 in Hong Kong.
The pitch was held in June, involving four Japanese advertising agencies.
Last year, Hakuhodo was the agency backing up the whole Japan tourism campaign "Visit Japan 2011-2012", overseeing the offline and online creative, events and media buying.
According to the agency, the number of likes on Japan National Tourism Organization's Facebook page doubled after the brand push last year.
This year, the tourism campaign will run from August 2012 to March 2013.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Hakuhodo Related Stories:
- Bintan Resorts appoints PR agency
- How Canon made a case for camcorders
- Kao settles creative and media pitches
- Hakuhodo nabs Seiko from DraftFCB
- OgilvyOne boosts creative team
- McCann wins Gudang Garam creative
- Ad Watch March 2009
- Hakuhodo strikes PR deal with Ketchum
- Fancl preservative-free campaign pays off
- Daikin launches 'Everywhere with you'
- Singapore wins three at One Show
- The many faces of Japanese women
- Kam Fan Festival judges ordained