Nielsen snaps up Vizu
Global - Research company Nielsen has bought over Vizu, a technology company that allows advertisers and publishers to assess and optimise online advertising effectiveness. The new technology provided by Vizu will help build on Nielsen's online and cross-platform advertising campaign measurement and advertising solutions by adding real-time online effectiveness measurement.
With the new addition, Nielsen said it has the capabilities to offer real-time reporting of online advertising performance deciphered by media plan participant, frequency of ad exposure, advertising execution and targeting strategy.
This acquisition is a continuation of Nielsen's recent advancements in cross-platform advertising measurement. Vizu's Ad Catalyst will be immediately available as part of the Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings and the Brand Effect suite.
"Vizu has developed a best-in-class solution for measuring and optimising brand advertising effectiveness online, which offers a powerful complement to Nielsen's cross-platform solutions for the advertising industry," Steve Hasker, president, global media products and advertising solutions, Nielsen said.
"Through quality measurement, publishers and advertisers can harness the power of online advertising and understand its true value in connecting with consumers," Dan Beltramo, CEO of Vizu, added.
Nielsen cross-platform campaign ratings leverages Nielsen online campaign ratings and Nielsen's proprietary TV data to deliver reach, frequency and gross rating point (GRP) measures for TV and Internet advertising for integrated marketing campaigns.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nielsen Online
Nielsen Online Related Stories:
- Twitter and Nielsen create new TV metric
- Singapore consumer confidence peaks
- Filipino consumers second most confident
- Asia drives growth in online shopping
- Down but not defeated
- Malaysian consumer confidence dips
- Singaporeans worried about work-life balance
- Malaysians optimistic over job prospects
- Online video consumption rises
- Citicorp tops online ad spending
- Account Manager, Nielsen Online
- TVB.com integrates ads to give soft sell look
- TVB.com strikes Nielsen Online deal
- Nielsen to test online effectiveness
- Online ad spend to hit $182.3m by 2010
- Nielsen Online strikes China web venture
- Finance dominates online spending
- Online spending hits $172m
- WOM best for online shopping
- Shoppers seek value above all