Live off Groupon coupons, no cash
Hong Kong - Groupon is challenging its fans to live exclusively off Groupon vouchers for seven days in a campaign for its second anniversary in Hong Kong.
Groupon has set up an app page on Facebook for people to enter the challenge. To participate, they will have to submit a short script or create some drawings about why they should be picked for the "Live Off Groupon for 7 Days" challenge.
The winner will receive Groupon vouchers for a week including meals, transportation and hotel stays. He or she will have to blog and tweet regularly about the experience in that one week.
The first 222 fans who submitted will also receive HK$200 Groupon credit.
Danny Yeung, CEO of Groupon Hong Kong, said the challenge is centred at thanking customers.
"We designed this challenge as a way to give something back to those who have supported us for the past two years," he said.
The campaign starts today and the winners will be announced on 31 July.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groupon Related Stories:
- HR leaders peek into the future
- Mob messenger: Next big platform for brands?
- Finding the right gift for mums: most stressful
- Groupon now available on iPad
- Groupon boss says more room for growth
- Groupon CEO fired
- What women want for Valentine’s Day
- Neoh to lead Groupon APAC
- Groupon’s first wedding proposal deal
- Groupon promotes Rafiq Razali
- Groupon sets foot in physical retail
- Sean Seah heads to Groupon
- Neoh: Group-buying is here to stay
- Groupon ropes in new regional director
- Groupon offers first Google AdWords deal
- Groupon employees prepare to flee
- Groupon enters luxury category
- Nestlé goes online, while Groupon tries offline
- Neoh takes on regional role
- Groupon opens real life retail offering