Petronas inks three oil contracts
Malaysia - Oil company Petronas has inked three production sharing contracts for the implementation of the North Malay Basin project.
Located offshore Peninsular Malaysia, the contracts are for offshore Block PM302, PM325 and PM326B, in a 50:50 equity split between Petronas Carigali and Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia.
As part of the Malaysian oil company's efforts to enhance the security of gas supply in the country, the integrated gas development will see the development and commercialisation of nine gas fields, and the development of a new gas gathering, processing and transportation hub.
Implemented in two phases, approximately US$5.2 billion (SG$6.6 billion) will be invested over the next five years, commercialising about 1.7 standard trillion cubic feet of gas reserves in the area.
Greg Hill, president of worldwide exploration and production for Hess Corporation said the contract continues its strategic partnership with Petronas.
"The North Malay Basin Integrated Gas Development Project is consistent with our strategy to invest in long life, low risk reserves with attractive returns and exploration upside," he added.
Follow @ProcurementAsia on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Petronas Related Stories:
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- No longer doing the Dappan
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Keppel inks contract with Petronas
- Hype & glamour:Riding the F1 wave
- Petronas surprised over F1 Rocks cancellation
- ESS kicks off F1 season with Petronas
- Stylo shifts gears with Fashion Grand Prix
- Petronas showcases Pursuit of Perfection
- Petronas reflects the value of forgiveness
- Petronas F1 vision to debut
- Petronas selects LB & DNA for creative remit
- Petronas creative biz remains "fair game"
- Petronas media pitch results imminent
- ESPNEWS commits to Malaysia market
- Petronas lubes up for global push
- Agencies in Petronas pitch fever
- Petronas sees big gains from F1 sponsorship
- Global branding fuels Petronas media remit
- Arachnid to spin digital web for Petronas