Grubbs to leave Turner for key YouTube role
Hong Kong - Ben Grubbs has resigned as executive director of interactive media at Turner Broadcasting Asia Pacific and will join YouTube in a top regional marketing role.
From mid-August Grubbs will relocate to Singapore to take on the newly created role as Asia Pacific head of partner marketing for YouTube, with a brief to work with content creators and producers to strengthen YouTube's original programming across Asia.
His move comes as YouTube continues to roll out country-specific YouTube sites.
The most recent saw the Google-owned site launch a local language offering in Indonesia, in partnership with media groups Kompas TV, Kompas Cybermedia, Viva Media Group and MyTrans.com.
Grubbs brings a diverse set of digital skills to the role, having joined Turner in early 2008, after roles with tech giants Yahoo! and eBay, where he oversaw marketing and communications for eBay Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
At Turner he led the development of its interactive business unit looking specifically at online engagement and commercial opportunities across Turner's kids', animation and entertainment brands.
His role also included management of 16 consumer websites in Asia Pacific spanning Cartoon Network, Pogo (India), WB (India), truTV, and Turner Classic Movies, and overseeing staff across offices in India, Korea, Hong Kong, plus operation centres in China and the Philippines.
A Turner spokesperson said it was too early to announce a replacement for Grubbs, but said he has been a valued and respected member of the Turner family.
"We wish him the very best in his future endeavours.”
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Inc
Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Inc Related Stories:
- Turner shutters Imagine TV
- Turner eyes growth in social gaming biz
- Cartoon Network makes theme park splash
- Turner rejigs APAC management
- Turner launches in-house agency hub
- Turner appoints Ouellette to regional role
- Cartoon Network tests AR app for kids
- truTV expands footprint across Asia
- Turner’s reality genre to launch in Asia
- Mei to lead MTV's growing China operation
- Turner expands cross-platform reach
- Arrivals and departures
- Carroll takes new role at Turner