Sony revives Handycam with 60-sec TVC
Hong Kong - Sony has debuted a 60 second TVC to promote its new camcorders, seeking to rekindle young people's love with Handycam.
Despite the growing number of people using smartphones to shoot videos, the campaign aims to highlight mobile phones cannot produce quality videos as a Handycam can.
To reach younger audiences and encourage them to capture trivial moments with a new perspective, the TVC runs under the tagline "bring your love to live", telling a love story in which a girl tries to capture various moments with her loved one.
Regine Tsui, senior account director of Euro RSCG - the agency behind the campaign, said the team aims to polish the product with a story that the younger generations can relate to.
"Product features are not key in the storyline, as we are taking an approach that taps into the audiences' emotion."
The campaign spans TV, print, online, point-of-sales marketing and OOH and will run for a month in Hong Kong, followed by Taiwan and South Korea.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
- Euro RSCG
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Related Stories:
- HRTV: Google and Sony on job satisfaction
- World's most admired companies share their secrets
- Sony turns rock dreams into reality
- Malay Mail in Amazing Race Asia tie-up
- Sony launches FIFA World Cup campaign
- Sony divides regional creative
- Sony hires its first PR agency in APAC
- Sony goes social for Cyber-shot
- Sony Pictures out of Billetts managed pitch