A recap of a celebratory night
Malaysia - On last week's segment on BFM89.9's Marketing Mojo, Soren Beaulieu, director at Lighthouse Events, shared some of the highlights from A+M's much anticipated Agency of the Year awards night.
This year's event drew in a crowd of over 500 guests at Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel. Among the night's big winners were Ova - A Spiral Effect, winning Gold and Local Hero for the Brand Consultancy of the Year category, In2 Marketing clinching Gold and Local Hero for Event Marketing Agency of the Year, Publicis Communications winning Gold for Creative Agency of the Year while Mindshare bagged Gold for the Media Agency of the Year.
Before announcing who won the coveted Overall Agency of the Year award, Beaulieu highlighted how the agency was selected: "We take these right categories and any agency that scored high enough to be awarded the gold qualified as a shortlisted candidate for overall agency of the year, in which the highest score would get the award, unless you win multiple golds,"
"This was the case this year where we saw Arc Worldwide/ Leo Burnett Malaysia winning three golds which made it a hands-down contest that led the agency to win," added Beaulieu.
For last week's feature story, we spoke on apps and gave some examples on how brands such as Maxis and Great Eastern Life Assurance used apps in their campaign executions.
What is usually seen in the case of brands launching an app is that as soon as the app is up and running, they stop working on it. In light of this, we also highlighted the top five things brands should note when launching an app.
Listen to the full interview here.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leo Burnett
Leo Burnett Related Stories:
- LOOK: How Leo Burnett scares people
- Leo Burnett appoints ECD
- Twinings Tea appoints Leo Burnett
- Leo Burnett appoints Samsung business lead
- FrieslandCampina and Leo Burnett part ways
- Leo Burnett wins global brief for Pfizer
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- Relationships matter more than tech trends
- P&G celebrates Tet with mothers
- 7-Eleven markets with sweets and a big heart
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Beacon/Leo Burnett realigns digital effort
- 7-Eleven makes noise with baby on drums
- Ebay classifieds show its humorous side
- Indigo to drive hype for game show launch
- Ducks with flaming gas go viral
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Leo Burnett appoints Kyriakou's replacement
- Be Natural picks agency down under
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook