First-time finalists all pumped up
Malaysia - Advertising + Marketing magazine's Agency of the Year Awards is just a day away and the excitement is surely building up for shortlisted finalists.
Since its inception in 2008, the Agency of the Year has always pride itself on being the only awards show that is judged solely by the people who really matter, the client marketers. In the last two editions, Mindshare has proven that their works had resonated well with client marketers, by winning the coveted overall title twice in row.
While the other agencies are entering the gala night tomorrow filled with hopes to prevent Mindshare from scoring a hat-trick this year, first-time finalists however are as pumped up just for making it as a short list alone.
"Super duper excited," exclaimed Melissa Chan, partner from Lucideas Creative, on her agency's first time nomination this year.
"Unreal actually to be amongst the people we've always looked up when we started out," she added.
For the first-time finalists, making it to the Agency of the Year Awards final short list is an honour by itself.
"We are gratified especially since this is a result of clients' opinion," Sheila Abdullah, consulting partner for Ova - A Spiral Effect, said.
She added that nothing speaks as well as customer advocacy, and hence being shortlisted for the awards alone is something that agencies can be proud and excited about.
Warren Tan, managing director for Integricity, added "We're surprised and incredibly humbled. I've no doubt that the Integricity team and our work is world-class, but to be nominated by our clients is definitely an incredible feeling. To put in social media terms: we've always given them thousands of "likes", but this one "like" from them in return is the best thumbs-up of all."
On their winning chances, Tan shared that it is not the main question.
"We don't expect to win anything. We're first-time finalists in a field of giants. It's an honour enough to be there," said Tan.
Agencies attending their first awards gala night tomorrow instead are looking forward to a good dinner and an opportunity of meeting like-minded industry practitioners.
"A great enjoyable night", summed Balreet Gill, director for Sambal Lab on what she's looking forward to tomorrow.
Will the new entrants be able to make a stunning debut this year? Look out for the results, which will be announced at the Agency of the Year Awards gala night this Thursday at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
For more information on Advertising + Marketing magazine's Agency of the Year Awards, click here: http://aotyawards.com/2012/my/
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Mindshare Related Stories:
- Mindshare picks up global duties for Dyson
- M+S makes agency appointments
- Kleenex drives preference through softness
- Swiss Intl. Air Lines chooses media agency
- Mindshare to offer digital GRP metrics
- Mindshare China names head of performance
- Mindshare grabs L’Oreal’s online TV business
- A future where aesthetics matter more
- Sime Darby gets creative
- Mindshare names new president for China
- Lenovo goes beyond advertising
- Mindshare fills Hong Kong MD role
- Mindshare names digital director
- Case study: Unilever's football app
- Pocky markets to youth via micro movies
- Kleenex positions as China's buttocks cleaner
- Prudential pours its heart out
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch
- Ford gets focused in new campaign
- Iris and Mindshare appoint, NHB calls pitch