Adidas recruits hardcore football fans
Beijing – Adidas, the official sponsor of the UEFA Euro 2012, has kicked off a social media campaign to gather football fans to "run overnight shifts" and watch the upcoming tournament.
Based on the insight that hardcore fans will be staying up all night to watch the matches, adidas created an online community called 925 Company.
Members will be known as “employees” and they will have to clock in and out during their 9pm to 5am “working hours”.
Football fans will get a chance to win adidas products in supporting the team they love and taking part in online games and activities, such as watching the matches together and making match predictions.
With an aim to extend its fan base, Jens Meyer, adidas China, vice president, marketing, sport performance, said the UEFA Euro 2012 is more than a performing stage for 16 teams but also an event for fans to show their passion for football to the world.
“To help Chinese fans get closer to the UEFA Euro 2012, adidas launched the 'Real Fans 925' community, which we hope to become the biggest platform for fans to connect and celebrate during the UEFA Euro 2012," Meyer said.
Angelina Ong, regional managing director, vice president of Burson-Marsteller – the PR agency behind the campaign, told Marketing that they have tapped into the interactive aspect of social media.
“Social media wins over traditional media because of its highly engaging environment. Fans can tweet and share info with their friends during the break or even when they are watching the match,” she added.
The campaign is also supported by print, in-store and OOH.
TBWA\ and Burson-Marsteller are the agencies supporting the project.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
adidas Related Stories:
- adidas consolidates social media duties
- Adidas connects with its girly side
- Data deluge: Getting CRM basics right
- Adidas dares fans to find fast
- adidas lures fans with hip hop
- Bieber fronts adidas NEO Label
- Kellogg-Wilmar JV, RedPrairie picked
- Adidas goes gymming across the region
- Adidas thrives in pain
- adidas launches interactive TV mobile app
- Adidas puts China first in global push
- Adidas charges up originality
- Case Study: adidas China
- Adidas bands China fans together
- Adidas goes for football fans
- Adidas urges Filipinos to be original
- Case Study: adidas
- Adidas to send trainers to the sky
- Adidas gets star-studded in latest push
- King of the Road runs on NPE again