Red Cross aims for rapid rescue
Singapore - The Singapore Red Cross has launched a new location based app, "Rapid Rescue" to ensure a more timely assistance and aid to emergencies.
To commemorate World Red Cross Day, the app has been first rolled out in Singapore. However a spokesperson told Marketing that other countries in the region have also expressed interest in adopting the app.
The application allows a person in need to send out an SOS to helpers with first aid knowledge within a two kilometre radius. These aiders will then respond immediately on their hand phones and the app will map out the shortest route to the victim.
Nearly 500 youths were given a chance to learn life saving skills at the celebratory event at East Coast Parkway where Halimah Yacob, Minister of State, Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports graced the event.
JWT Singapore conceptualised and created the app and going forward, The Red Cross team will be managing the database of first aid volunteers.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
JWT Related Stories:
- GSK’s Physiogel scoops up JWT
- Kok heads to New York [GALLERY]
- Fragrance firm helps Alzheimer's patients
- Bill Chan heads back to JWT
- Nestle Thailand taps JWT for digital duties
- Samsonite hands JWT regional duties
- JWT sets sight on Myanmar
- JWT taps Pernod Ricard’s Cecila Yim
- Ford ads reignite digital crisis debate
- JWT Singapore promotes Cheng
- JWT nabs TBWA talent
- JWT replaces regional planning lead
- XM Asia Pacific snaps up Thai agency
- JWT scoops up Nissin’s noodle business
- Update: HSBC splits global ad duties
- Hu steps in as GM for JWT Shanghai
- JWT wins all three Indosat brands
- TBWA nabs JWT's creative lead
- SpiceJet flies high with JWT
- JWT reveals local top trends for 2013