TBWA sets up luxury unit in China
Shanghai – TBWA has established TBWA\Luxury Arts in Shanghai, a new business arm dedicated to the growth of luxury brands in the China market.
TBWA\Luxury Arts will support clients with market insights and strategic plans, as well as oversee other realms of the luxury brand experience such as advertising, events, retail and brand building.
Previously, TBWA\ Shanghai has worked for an array of luxury clients including Cartier, Coach, Dior, Martell, Porsche, Rolex and Royal Salute.
“More than ever luxury is about entertainment and culture. Luxury brands need strong and powerful story telling to create memorable dreams and experience," said Natascha Dzikowski (pictured second left), who heads the TBWA\ Luxury Arts network after stints at Dior and Sephora.
"The mission of TBWA\ Luxury Arts globally, is to tell those stories and bring those dreams to life,” she said.
Richard Cotton (pictured second right), head of Luxury Arts, Shanghai\Greater China said great luxury brands are rooted in heritage and are flourishing today through creativity and innovation.
“China too is steeped in 5000 years of history yet is also reinventing itself. The fusion of Luxury and China is incredibly energising,” he said.
The new Shanghai team joins TBWA's similar offerings in Rio de Janeiro, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, London, Moscow and Tokyo. TBWA\Luxury Arts was first set up in Paris in 2011.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TBWA Related Stories:
- M+S makes agency appointments
- TBWA\ China focuses on shopper behaviour
- Wyeth Gold takes kids around the world
- TBWA\ boosts creative team
- Lay of Draftfcb joins Creative Juice
- AIA consolidates creative with TBWA
- TBWA appoints DAN president
- DAN Singapore names new leadership team
- StanChart pumps marathon up on Facebook
- TBWA nabs JWT's creative lead
- BBDO appoints strategy lead for Asia
- TBWA\ appoints planning director
- Tangs goes for major brand overhaul
- McDonald's brings monster in for CNY push
- General Electric shows innovation with the old
- One2free redefines social gaming
- TBWA\KL promotes Shaun Tay
- ISC Innovators beefs up team
- TBWA snaps up Indian digital shop
- The importance of creativity