Philippines tourism campaign goes global
Philippines - The Department of Tourism's "It's more fun in the Philippines" campaign has made its international foray with ads premiering ads on global news network channel CNN.
The first is a 30 second ad which features not only popular tourist destinations but also people and culture unique to the country. The second ad, a much shorter version with a tarsier hanging off a tree branch and other endangered species endemic to the Philippines.
The ads were created by DOT's advertising agency BBDO Guerrero
Earlier in the year, the DOT received much criticism for its campaign tagline, "It's more fun in the Philippines.", as a similar tagline was used in a 1951 Switzerland tourism campaign.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
BBDO Related Stories:
- DDB China nabs ex-BBDO director
- BBDO and Apax grab luxury men’s label
- BlackBerry launches much awaited Z10
- BBDO appoints strategy lead for Asia
- BBDO expands Indonesia team
- Hitting too close to home?
- Skittles advertises with mind control
- Skittles’ DIY commercial
- Hairy nose campaign for clean air
- NHB calls pitch, BBDO/Proximity appoints
- Ogilvy names creative lead for healthcare
- Proximity hires regional business lead
- Lay's adds mystery to product launch
- BBDO China adds creative power
- BBDO Guerrero promotes Bautista to CD
- Social media drives tourism success
- BBDO/Proximity appoints new CCO
- Etihad gets social, Komli receives funding
- BBDO sets up shop in Kenya
- HP awards BBDO PC biz