Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
Malaysia - AUM Hospitality & Entertainment (AUM Group) and Station One Holdings have entered into a 50/50 joint venture to form AUM One Concepts and will launch its first project, Studio Lounge, next month in Tropicana City Mall.
Studio Lounge is a new themed food and beverage outlet that aims to be a hybrid between a lounge and a bar.
One of the club's unique features is its interactive "on-demand" drinking system, whereby every table in the outlet will feature a beer tap that will allow patrons to choose up to three types of beer, from their table.
The system monitors the amount consumed using a Motorola tablet device at every table, enabling patrons to keep track of the quantity that have been poured.
Frank Lim, general manager of the AUM Group, told A+M that they are the first establishment in Southeast Asia to carry this system, which is patented in the US, and will carry exclusive licensing rights for the system in Malaysia.
The outlet will also feature a radio broadcast studio, in which Star RFM, the radio arm of Star Publications, will have exclusive rights to conduct live broadcasts for a period of time for its 98.8, Red FM and Capital FM stations.
Guinness Anchor has come on board as the exclusive beverage partner. Other partners include Panasonic and AmBank.
Existing brands under the AUM Group include The Sanctuary, Club Quattro, The Scarlet, The Opera, The Library and Bumbu Desa. Station One, on the other hand, operates 52 Station One cafes nationwide.
Lim added that the club will target those from the middle and upper market segment, and he will tap into both of the company's existing database of customers by sending out SMS blasts to increase the club's awareness.
Established under an exclusive brand licence, it plans to open only 10 outlets throughout the country between now and 2014, with the aim of keeping Studio Lounge exclusive and ensuring maximum profit for each outlet and preserving the brand's life cycle, added Lim.
Other than Tropicana City Mall, other areas identified include Sunway Pyramid, Subang, Penang and Johor.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor
- Marketing TV: Getting Merry with Guinness