O&M Shanghai nabs global planner
Shanghai - Ogilvy & Mather Shanghai has roped in globally known planner James Hurman (pictured) to a take on a newly created role of planner partner.
In his new role Hurman will lead the planning team to develop large scale, national initiatives for brands including Unilever's Dove and Coca-Cola energy drink Burn.
Hailing from New Zealand to Shanghai, Hurman was the head of planning at Colenso BBDO Auckland for five years. He contributed to the agency's winning in 21 Cannes Lions, and 41 local and international effectiveness awards for 19 different campaigns.
Edward Bell, group planning director of O&M Shanghai, said: "We're excited to see how his vision, experience, ideas and charisma will enrich our planning culture and produce great results for clients."
Commenting on his appointment, Hurman said: "My goal and hope is that we can do some really brilliant work here, the kind of work that has a big impact on consumers. The benefit of very creative stuff is that it tends to do that."
Hurman is also the author of The Case for Creativity, a book about the creativity and effectiveness, published in 2011.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ogilvy and Mather Shanghai
Ogilvy and Mather Shanghai Related Stories:
- Xing Wei College goes Western with Ogilvy
- O&M appoints Yong as MD of Shanghai
- Ogilvy named PR agency for Harman
- Ketchum continues senior China hires
- O&M Shanghai expands creative team
- Ogilvy Shanghai wins Asia's best Promo Lion
- O&M cheers to Tsingtao win
- Ogilvy Choo now Philippines ECD
- O&M Shanghai promotes Lee as ECD
- The increasing influence of Chinese prosumers