MAS takes off on ‘The Big Flight’
Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines is offering eight Malaysians and their friends a chance to be the first few to fly on board MAS' new A380 this June.
MAS launched ‘The Big Flight' campaign competition last week at its official YouTube brand channel, calling for Malaysians aged 18 years and above to submit a creative short video and garner votes to win.
The eight winners, together with three friends each, will be among the first few on a unique joyride flight around KL on board the A380 in June, before actual flights to London commence.
Twenty shortlisted videos will be chosen from the submissions based on creativity, originality and overall impression.
The shortlisted videos will then be uploaded onto YouTube for voting by the public and the top eight most voted videos will win the joyride tickets.
Al-Ishsal Ishak, Malaysia Airlines senior vice president for marketing and promotions , said, "This is the first time for any airline to give YouTube users an opportunity to be a part of a milestone moment in Malaysia's aviation history - to be a part of Malaysia Airlines' A380 Pride of Nation campaign that we launched early this month."
The campaign is heavily promoted on MAS' social networking sites to get fans to participate, resulting in 100 video submissions received to date.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Malaysia Airlines
Malaysia Airlines Related Stories:
- What AirAsia could have done differently?
- The AirAsia vs MAS saga continues?
- Case study: MAS’ oneworld campaign
- Marketing Excellence Awards judges announced
- MAS appoints communications head
- MAS celebrates 40th with year-long campaign
- MAS returns with CIMB Classics
- MAS' Al-Ishsal Ishak leaves post
- Expedia and MAS make travelling easier
- MAS calls for media pitch
- MAS found guilty of price-fixing
- Airlines look for partners
- Countdown to Agency awards underway
- MAS offers unpaid leave to contain cost
- H&M to open at Lot10, MAS shortlists entries
- MAS reworks procurement plans
- Data-based marketing strategies vital
- AOTY Malaysia Judges Revealed
- MAS explains child-free zone on A380
- MAS and Bangkok Airways begin code share