UPDATE: MAS picks Ogilvy and Landor
Global - Malaysia Airlines has appointed Ogilvy & Mather Advertising as its master creative agency.
The win comes following a pitch initiated in MAS May 2011 to contend for its global creative business across the three main categories of master creative agency, execution and visual identity.
MAS has also appointed Landor as its brand agency for its recently announced A380 service.
Landor recently undertook a review of the national carrier's brand direction and visual identity system for its A380 fleet. The new identity and livery, launched in both print and online ads, will continue to roll-out across Malaysia Airlines' A380 collaterals and touch-points in the coming months.
Meanwhile, Ogilvy is also understood to be working on on a new brand campaign to break this summer that will move the airline's image further into the premium airline space.
In December last year, MAS announced that it would be soon launching a new regional premium airline. The new short-haul airline, will use the new Boeing 737-800, and aims to connect Malaysia to ASEAN destinations and key cities in South Asia and Greater China.
Also, in recent news reports MAS stated the new logo and brand image for its new airline will be revealed next month.
Commenting on the agency's appointment Al-Ishsal Ishak, the newly appointed senior vice president for marketing and promotions at MAS said: "2012 will be a breakthrough year for Malaysia Airlines on our path to recovery. We recognised, however, that we could not achieve financial success without clearly defining our brand positioning.
"Ogilvy understood this and throughout the pitch process were best able to translate our message into a powerful campaign idea. An idea that is big enough to help us transform our business and truly engage our customers like never before."
On Landors' appointment, Ishak said: "The direction from Landor for our A380 flagship fleet captures the essence we will now travel as we strive to re-engage our customers."
MAS has recently doubled its marketing budget for 2012 despite reporting a RM2.52 billion loss in 2011.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Malaysia Airlines
- Ogilvy and Mather
Malaysia Airlines Related Stories:
- Case study: MAS’ oneworld campaign
- Marketing Excellence Awards judges announced
- MAS appoints communications head
- MAS celebrates 40th with year-long campaign
- MAS returns with CIMB Classics
- MAS' Al-Ishsal Ishak leaves post
- Expedia and MAS make travelling easier
- MAS calls for media pitch
- MAS found guilty of price-fixing
- Airlines look for partners
- Countdown to Agency awards underway
- MAS offers unpaid leave to contain cost
- H&M to open at Lot10, MAS shortlists entries
- MAS reworks procurement plans
- Data-based marketing strategies vital
- AOTY Malaysia Judges Revealed
- MAS explains child-free zone on A380
- MAS and Bangkok Airways begin code share
- MAS takes off on ‘The Big Flight’
- YouTube arrives in Malaysia