Restructure adds event spaces to DoubleTree
China - DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong will be undergoing a comprehensive refurbishment to its meeting and banquet spaces, food and beverage outlets, and retail offerings following a management agreement with Interstate China Hotels & Resorts.
It will include a new 8,000 square-feet ballroom on top of its current offering of more than 16,000 square-feet of flexible meeting and special events space.
Interstate China will be managing the 850-room property which had converted to a DoubleTree franchise last month.
Formerly known as the Sofitel JJ Oriental Hotel, it is situated in Shanghai's Pudong district with convenient access to Pudong International Airport and the Shanghai New International Exposition Centre (SNIEC).
This is part of Marketing Events' weekly news bulletin. To subscribe to ME's bi-monthly print magazine and online newsletters, please go to www.marketing-interactive.com/subscribe
To read ME's latest print issue in PDF click here.
- Hilton Hotels
Hilton Hotels Related Stories:
- Hilton extends carbon offset programme
- Hilton prescribes vacations for workaholics
- Hilton to speak at Travel Marketing Summit
- Hilton expands Thai presence
- Hilton eyes Japan
- It's free to go green
- Hilton brings focus on guest experience
- DoubleTree planned for JB by 2014
- Chengdu gets Waldorf Astoria by 2016
- The second Hilton Garden Inn in Asia
- A new DoubleTree sprouts up in India
- The 1st Waldorf Astoria in Southeast Asia
- Hilton’s Dalian property launches
- Hilton's MICE & A Million campaign returns
- Hotels say "Ni Hao" to Chinese travellers
- The Amazing online Race
- Doubletree by Hilton appoints G2PR
- Saujana Hotels & Resorts fills marketing role
- Travellers remain loyal to brands
- Travel Marketing: Bringing back the magic