Oreo turns 100, launches global campaign
Global - Oreo has launched a global brand campaign inviting fans all around the world to share their experiences with the cookie brand, as part of its centennial celebrations.
The ad campaign 'Celebrate the Kid inside' runs across markets such as the US, China, Canada, Mexico and Saudi Arabia, showcasing Oreo in iconic moments in the last century.
While traditional media components of the campaign include TVC, in-store and print ads, on the digital front, the campaign leverages its Facebook fanpage which has more than 25 million fans to share moments of them letting out their inner child through submissions such as photos, stories and videos to share with others.
On ground, the brand has launched OOH ads, road shows, events and parties to get in touch with its fans.
In China, it held a firework show at the Shanghai Bund to celebrate its 100th anniversary. In Indonesia it has set up a large playground for kids to enjoy. In the US it is holding a concert in Los Angeles, with celebration on Capital Hill and flash birthday parties to engage with fans in seven cities.
In fall 2012 it will gather 13 brand ambassadors from across the world to spread its brand message in their respective communities.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- Kraft Foods
Kraft Foods Related Stories:
- Kraft surprises public after fire drill
- wwwins Isobar munches on Oreo
- Twisties brings new twist to packaging
- Cadbury rolls out giant musical chocolate bars
- Twisties launches into space
- Philippines takes the Oreo oath
- Agencies on alert as Kraft reviews media
- Lenovo, Kraft get on MTV World Stage
- Jacob's gets social through latest campaign
- Kraft loses VP global media post job cuts
- Local women storm the FT Top 50
- Understanding consumer behaviour
- FOMA FOCUS: Elaine Rodrigo, Kraft Foods
- Kraft stirs up a cocoa alliance
- Twisties & MTV hunt for the next superstar
- Cadbury encourages sharing
- Present leaders must be future focused
- Get paid to eat candy
- Kraft appoints new APAC VP of marketing
- Coke's Chacko shifts gear to Proton