IN BRIEF: P&G, Garuda, WSJ
P&G CSR initiative helps children in Philippines
Proctor & Gamble Philippines hair care brand Pantene has launched a CSR initiative to provide children with safe drinking water as part of its global advocacy program to reduce sickness and death from contaminated water. In another such initiative, P&G has partnered with Smart Telecommunications to launch an e-learning programme providing beneficiary schools with child-friendly laptops from OneLaptop Per Child Association and internet connectivity from Smart.
Garuda Indonesia boosts social presence in Southern China
Flagship carrier of Indonesia, Garuda Indonesia has appointed local digital agency Focus Imaging to strengthen its social media presence. Focus Imaging is tasked with developing the air carrier's Facebook page and establishing its presence on Weibo with bilingual information to interact with travelers in the Southern China markets. Riza Perdana Kusuma, general manager of Garuda Indonesia of Hong Kong & Macau, said using social media offers a channel to reach out to its customers personally.
WSJ names new Life & Style editor in HK
The Wall Street Journal has appointed Lara Day as Life & Style editor in Hong Kong. She will cover topics such as art, culture and travel and will manage Scene Asia, its guide to food, wine, fashion, entertainment and arts in Asia.
Larry Jewelry appoints Access Communications
Larry Jewelry has appointed Access Communications as its PR and communications agency to drive its brand’s communications in Singapore. The agency will be responsible for the management of media relations and online communications for Larry Jewelry and all brands under its distributorship here from 6 February 2012 onwards, adopting both new and traditional media.
Follow us @marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page
- Dow Jones
- Procter & Gamble
Dow Jones Related Stories:
- Digital sales executive/planner, Dow Jones
- Kelly exits Dow Jones
- WSJA debuts live online show in Asia
- Dow Jones’ Asia Editor, Adidas' campaign
- Relationship Account Manager, Dow Jones
- Regional Circulation Manager, Dow Jones
- Circulation officer, Dow Jones
- WSJ launches SEA online section
- Dow Jones hires Molloy in senior sales role
- Dow Jones fills out APAC marketing team
- WSJA boards the Airport Express
- Time to do some PR for your own agency
- WSJA launches Hong Kong digital edition
- WSJ adds regional editions on iPad
- VIDEO: The value of social media intelligence
- WSJA eyes growth in B2C ad markets
- News Corp set to build its interests in Asia
- Asia Interactive to power WSJ property portal
- WSJ offers job listing with Naukri.com
- WSJ launches mobile website for Asia