Aegis expands OZ presence
Australia - Media agency Vizeum has launched its Sydney operations starting work with most of MPG clients and staff.
The agency is headed by general manager Nick Behr (pictured), former MD of Media Contacts Sydney and clients include Nikon, HSBC, Peugeot among others, all of which were previously with MPG.
A spokesperson confirmed the development to Marketing also confirming that there has been staff movement from MPG to the agency as well.
On the new Australian operations Behr said that the agency was going to grow Vizeum as a premium media agency brand in Australia.
"The Vizeum way is strategically led, with digital at its core. Our clients are very excited by this transition, and the opportunity to benefit from the approach and the tools of Vizeum, particularly the digital focus of the agency."
Nick Waters, CEO Aegis Media APAC said the new Australian branch was a good step in developing the group's brand in Asia Pacific.
"We have an extremely strong team of outstanding professionals in Sydney supported by Australia's most powerful agency group. I am sure Sydney will soon become a benchmark for Vizeum offices around the world."
Vizeum is part of Aegis Media and has more than 50 offices in over 36 countries worldwide.
The news comes at a time when speculation is rife about a possible merger between two Aegis agencies Mitchell & Partners and Carat in Australia.
The group recently bagged GM's global media biz worth USD3 billion, its largest global client so far.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com
Vizeum Related Stories:
- Vizeum bags RMB500 million media account
- Heinz pushes new drink LOL with secret show
- Mister Potato speeds away with Chevrolet
- Myvi drives into Chinese households
- Vizeum expands rapidly Down Under
- Fox Star Studios appoints Vizeum India
- Viacom picks Vizeum for its new channel
- MyCEB's new brand leverages on history
- Lindt sweet on Vizeum China
- MTV India appoints Vizeum
- Wang joins Vizeum China as deputy MD
- Perodua revs up via Facebook
- F&N pitches perfect pull for tea
- Vizeum China snares Lashou.com
- Mamee adds extra crunch to Mister Potato
- Nickelodeon names Vizeum AOR
- Bull Electric tasks Vizeum with a campaign
- Aegis preps for a convergent media world
- Mister Potato taps Prince of Persia
- F&N launches Extra condensed milk brand