NEWS IN BRIEF: 9 November 2011
Coke takes over PWTC
Coca-Cola Malaysia has become the first ever private company in Malaysia to use PWTC's 134m high, 88m wide screen. The screen which is usually used to promote government centric activities will now feature a five minute
animation of a white coke bottle against a red background. The promotion is in line with its latest "Buka Coca-cola, Buka Semangat" campaign.
In line with its new display the company is also running a Facebook campaign inviting the public to capture and upload the best photos of the tower with the Coca-Cola illumination together with a slogan. The contest will be held from November 4-13.
Woolfrey joins Millennial Media as MD, SEA
Ex-director of brand sales in APAC for InMobi, Robert Woolfrey has joined mobile advertising firm Millennial Media as managing director of its Southeast Asian operations, in charge of establishing its presence here and hiring.
BBDO/Proximity hires Teo
BBDO/Proximity Singapore has appointed Vincent Teo to the role of digital planning director, primarily focusing on Visa, P&G and DHL businesses. Teo comes to BBDO/Proximity with 10 years experience in interactive marketing, both on client and agency side, developing strategies and campaigns that have created effective and engaging digital experiences.
Media Prima Radio Networks strengthens reach
Presence of four announcers in its Hot FM radio station has helped the station gain more traction with its listeners, the recent Nielsen Radio Audience Measurement Survey, Wave 2.2011 study for Media Prima concluded. The study also showed that apart from its Hot FM station, its English channel Fly FM which went through a reshuffle in July has witnessed an increase of 30% listenership with The Pagi Rock Crew segment being its main contributor (54%) along with the Phat Fabes and Ben Show (30%).
Economy Watch revamps
Independent economics portal, EconomyWatch.com has recently undergone a revamp by Singapore-based digital agency, Qais Consulting. The revamp includes the creation of a Drupal-based Content Management System, developing a new Information Architecture, a reformulated Search Engine Optimisation framework, the addition of databases, tools and widgets, the creation of an email newsletter program, and the development of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn channels.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Media Prima Bhd
Coca-Cola Related Stories:
- Coca-Cola gets a healthy makeover
- Master Kong is China’s favourite FMCG brand
- Coca-Cola turns strangers into friends
- Coke creates musical bottles
- Legoland picks Coke as official partner
- Coca-Cola parades with Chingay 2013
- Coke spills star power for Special Olympics
- Coca-Cola goes nice, lucky, crazy
- Boeing in trouble, UPS’s new service
- Coca Cola lets loose its polar bears for 2013
- Largest Coke bottler moves on Philippines
- Coca-Cola tackles rising obesity problem
- Growing the SC talent pool
- Coca-Cola gets serious about content
- Coca-Cola targeted by Chinese hackers
- Vitamin Water dances Gangnam style
- Coke saves 10 million bottles after Olympics
- Coke enters Myanmar, Hyundai’s JV
- Myanmar: Key challenges ahead
- Say no to Coke or Pepsi, says Chavez