OMG merges planning and insight teams
Hong Kong - Omnicom Media Group has charged Deric Wong to lead its newly consolidated strategic planning and insight teams across its two media agencies OMD and PHD.
As head of strategy and insights Wong (pictured) takes on an expanded role to oversee strategic planning, insights and production and play a key role in its strategic planning capabilities.
His role has been expanded to include regional responsibilities with ETNA (PHD's proprietary planning approach) and being a member of Omnicom Media Group's global creative council. He will report to Cheuk Chiang, PHD's APAC CEO, who leads both initiatives.
Jackson Kwok, CEO of Omnicom Media Group Hong Kong, said the move to integrate the functions of strategic planning, insights and production is another step to become an integrated communications agency.
"The media landscape is fast evolving and clients are increasingly turning to media agencies for more strategic and holistic service offerings," he said in a statement.
"Deric's new role will also involve key regional responsibilities, allowing him to gain a wealth of valuable knowledge, and experiences which in turn will benefit our HK office to a great extent."
Wong joined PHD in June 2008 and formerly held the role of strategic planning director for Omnicom Media Group.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group Related Stories:
- OMG names new platforms director
- Carlsberg tests friendships on Facebook
- PHD hires second client services director
- OMG appoints search lead for Asia
- Danny Chin to lead OMG operations as GM
- Omnicom sparks Fuse in Malaysia
- Omnicom sets up Social@OMG
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Omnicom names head of search
- OMG appoints Smith as Annalect lead
- Vogiatzakis joins INTI advisory board
- WPP accelerates digital growth with latest buy
- Spring Singapore settles $5.5m media account
- OMG takes on Asia's massive mobile sector
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- PHD Malaysia makes digital hire
- What will our future hold?
- OMG restructures search brands in APAC
- PHD bags Bentley's global account
- OMG Malaysia publishes book plus more