Petronas reflects the value of forgiveness
Malaysia - In its Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Hari Merdeka commercial this year, Petronas has chosen to pay homage to ‘hands' reflecting the values of togetherness and forgiveness.
Titled ‘Celebrate the values we believe in', the 2011 Merdeka Raya commercial emphasise what people do and ‘communicate' with their hands.
The 90-sec commercial was developed by Leo Burnett Malaysia.
Since 1996, Petronas has taken the approach by giving Malaysians a more realistic, real life commercial that communicates Malaysia's values and culture. Over the years, it has placed an importance in highlighting tolerance, unity and love traits in its commercials.
The commercial is aired on all major television channels, beginning 25 August 2011.
In conjunction with its Merdeka Raya celebration this year, Petronas will also be organsing a Facebook contest from 23 August to 12 September.
Celebrities will be going around selected malls and streets to interview Malaysians with questions like what they love about Malaysia or what would they do if they have RM5,000 in hand.The spontaneous acts and dance will be recorded and posted in Petronas YouTube and Facebook page, where fans would need to 'like' the Petronas Facebook page, which will then allow them to view the videos, comment and vote for the winning entry.
Videos in the top five highest votes will each win RM5,000.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
Petronas Related Stories:
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- No longer doing the Dappan
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Petronas inks three oil contracts
- Keppel inks contract with Petronas
- Hype & glamour:Riding the F1 wave
- Petronas surprised over F1 Rocks cancellation
- ESS kicks off F1 season with Petronas
- Stylo shifts gears with Fashion Grand Prix
- Petronas showcases Pursuit of Perfection
- Petronas F1 vision to debut
- Petronas selects LB & DNA for creative remit
- Petronas creative biz remains "fair game"
- Petronas media pitch results imminent
- ESPNEWS commits to Malaysia market
- Petronas lubes up for global push
- Agencies in Petronas pitch fever
- Petronas sees big gains from F1 sponsorship
- Global branding fuels Petronas media remit
- Arachnid to spin digital web for Petronas