Coke's Chacko shifts gear to Proton
Malaysia - Local automotive juggernaut Proton Holdings has appointed marketing veteran John Chacko (pictured) to the role of director, group marketing with the appointment to take effect on 1 August 2011.
In the role, he will report to managing director, Dato' Sri Haji Syed Zainal Abidin B. Syed Mohamed Tahir.
Formerly marketing director - Asia, the McDonald's division at The Coca Cola Company, Chacko brings to the new position more than 25 years of experience in consumer and strategic marketing.
Throughout his career, he has worked with various FMCG companies such as Rothmans, Pampas, Kraft, Schweppes, and McDonald's across markets such as Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia.
He succeeds current director, group marketing & after sales Yohani Yusof, who is slated to exit Proton at the end of August to explore new career opportunities. She has served with the company for two years.
However, Chacko's capacity at the car company doesn't include the after sales component, Proton told A+M.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Proton Holdings
- McDonald's Malaysia
- Kraft Foods
Proton Holdings Related Stories:
- John Chacko leaves Proton
- DRB-Hicom takes over Proton
- Carmichael returns to Volvo
- Das to depart People ‘N Rich
- Das exits Proton
- Proton's Saga gets a lift
- Group Lotus rides with Renault for F1
- Proton hopes high with Inspira
- Indonesian debut for Persona Elegance
- LB takes the wheel at Proton
- Lotus brings Maxis on board
- Proton Concept Car nears release
- Proton Exora's Thai stopover
- Proton posts RM338 million group loss
- Nadzmi backs Proton again
- Proton hands over naming rights