MAS handpicks Ogilvy PR
Regional - Following a tender process initiated earlier this year, Malaysia Airlines has awarded its social media business to Ogilvy Public Relations.
While the final contract is yet to be signed, sources close to the development said the client and agency are in talks.
The tender initially saw over six agencies pitch for the business, including two-year incumbent Fleishman-Hillard, Universal McCann, Starcom MediaVest, and The PR Element.
MAS narrowed down to Ogilvy PR and Text 100 in the final round of the pitch.
A+M earlier reported that the scope of assignment would encompass the management of all social media marketing strategies for the brand.
Both client and agency declined to comment on the development.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Malaysia Airlines
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Text 100
Malaysia Airlines Related Stories:
- What AirAsia could have done differently?
- The AirAsia vs MAS saga continues?
- Case study: MAS’ oneworld campaign
- Marketing Excellence Awards judges announced
- MAS appoints communications head
- MAS celebrates 40th with year-long campaign
- MAS returns with CIMB Classics
- MAS' Al-Ishsal Ishak leaves post
- Expedia and MAS make travelling easier
- MAS calls for media pitch
- MAS found guilty of price-fixing
- Airlines look for partners
- Countdown to Agency awards underway
- MAS offers unpaid leave to contain cost
- H&M to open at Lot10, MAS shortlists entries
- MAS reworks procurement plans
- Data-based marketing strategies vital
- AOTY Malaysia Judges Revealed
- MAS explains child-free zone on A380
- MAS and Bangkok Airways begin code share