Sony Pictures achieves innovation affirmation for movie launch
The skinner ad allowed Sony Pictures to effectively deploy a rich media campaign and engaged users to interact with its various features from changing the wallpaper to a user's favourite cartoon character, watching the movie trailer, reading the movie synopsis to playing an online game.
Unlike traditional online advertising, users were able to interact with the various features without having to leave the MSN Hong Kong homepage and they were also given an option to close the ad if they wanted to.
The two day long campaign for Surf's Up achieved over five percent click through rate and over 45, 000 interactions on the ad format.
"The nature of online advertising is evolving rapidly to incorporate rich media formats and high impact ad campaigns that generate greater brand awareness and desirable results for advertisers. Hong Kong is a natural market for greater user of rich media due to its high broadband penetration. We look forward to continued innovation with MSN to create and launch high impact advertising campaigns in the market and lead the way in rich media deployment for our advertisers," Winky Chan, general manager for Pixel Media said.
Pixel Media, MSN Hong Kong's exclusive sales partner, collaborated with MSN, Microsoft Digital Adverting Solution's Premier Services Group and Sony Pictures to launch the online campaign on 1 August to coincide with Surf's Up's release in Hong Kong.
- Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions
- Pixel Media
- Sony Pictures
Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions Related Stories:
- Microsoft appoints country sales manager
- Young Asians show music and mobile fetish
- Microsoft fills SE Asia trade marketing manager role
- Schaumann makes internal shift
- Microsoft pushes Thai digital advertising forward
- Fancl sees clear results with online campaign
- UPDATE: Microsoft strengthens digital ad offering with acquisition
- Which digital technologies best target young people?
- Global Brand Forum taps MDAS for online advertising sponsorship
- Cyber Lions are Microsoft sponsored till 2010
- Sony Ericsson shares the real life virtually
- Microsoft renews cyber award sponsorship at Cannes
- Philips partners Microsoft to debunk health myths
- Microsoft sells your site
- Return to the online basics
- Microsoft’s aggressive communications ad push continues