UM Singapore beefs up digital team
Singapore - In a slew of digital hires, UM has named Chris Brooks as digital director for UM and Initiative.
Brooks (pictured) is responsible for advancing UM's digital media practice in Singapore, delivering strategic thinking to the agency's diverse client base, and expanding the agency's digital offerings.
Prior to his appointment as digital director at UM, Brooks was associate strategy director at J3 and UM. He has been with UM since 2007, when he joined the agency in the US as a media planner. Since then he has served as media supervisor and associate media director.
"Having Chris join the UM and Initiative teams is a real coup for the business. Previously he has led digital for Johnson & Johnson and The U.S. Army, which are both well-known for their digital prowess. What's more, he has won several Effie's, been shortlisted at Cannes, and is a valuable asset to UM as he leads our digital product," said Clinton Simpson, managing director, UM and Initiative.
UM has also promoted Luke Marshall to digital manager, working closely with creative agencies and media owners and handling clients such Maybank, Mastercard, Sony Pictures and Microsoft.
Prior to this, he was a digital account manager at UM where he managed UM's relationships with clients, the media and creative agencies and worked closely on the Unilever account.
Meanwhile, Reprise Media, MediaBrands' search marketing agency has hired Tanveer Kaur as senior search manager where she is responsible for all search-related activities for the agency in Singapore, including managing online advertising for UM clients.
In her role, Kaur reports to Brooks. Prior to her current appointment she developed customised search and social media marketing solutions for clients such as Nokia, Virgin Mobile, Pepsi, Forbes, LG among others.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Universal McCann
Universal McCann Related Stories:
- Brand’s goes HaHa this CNY
- MasterCard makes Singapore priceless
- UM adds Claire's to China roster
- UM nabs Starcom's Bowling
- Vitamin Water dances Gangnam style
- UM names managing partner for Cathay
- UM wins Carrefour media duties
- UM bags Ernst & Young global duties
- UM China wins Chrysler Group
- UM's Brett Stewart joins OMD International
- Suntec chooses UM
- In BRIEF: UM, Heineken, PSB, TBWA
- UM bags H&M's media biz in Malaysia
- The New Straits Times gets talking
- Brands welcome on social media
- Screen of Choice
- FOMA Focus: Jacki Kelley, Universal McCann
- UM big winner in ExxonMobil review
- FT pushes deeper online engagement
- UM tightens ad targeting for Zuji