Lenovo woos social media talent
Singapore - Lenovo has broken new ground by looking to spearhead the launch of its new digital and social media centre of excellence in Singapore with home-grown talent.
With the advent of social networking sites, digital marketing and media possibilities have grown leaps and bounds. To capitalise on this potential, technology manufacturer Lenovo Group plans to recruit 20 digital talent for positions ranging from head of the new media hub to creative leaders and social media managers in Singapore.
Tan Ai Sim, HR director of Lenovo's ASEAN operations, said such an approach would be especially strategic for the company as it is looking to expand into the mobile device and online space. "Singapore has proven to be a good source of digital talent for the emerging market region."
Tan added, "We want to become a WOW brand. This will entail a stronger emphasis on digital and social channels in the coming future."
Lenovo's new digital team will be in charge of developing digital and social media competencies that strengthen its global branding and marketing efforts.
To build "a winning team" before the end of this year, Lenovo has engaged recruitment agency Xpand Group to reach out to the local community with hiring campaigns across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. It will also target potential candidates through traditional media, a spokesperson added.
Xpand Group has adopted a "customised partnership model with on- and off-site resources" to acquire suitable talent for the digital centre. It said doing so would ensure "messaging consistency, brand alignment, high accuracy ratios and a positive experience for all talent, whether they are hired or not". It added a long list of candidates has been lined up with interviews set to intensify over the next few months to meet the yearend deadline.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia
Lenovo Related Stories:
- Lenovo's Strother on social talent scarcity
- Lenovo helps find DJs
- Lenovo and MTV let youth create music
- Lenovo hunts for best Singapore executive
- Lenovo's comms lead heads to boutique firm
- Lenovo to speak at Customer Loyalty 2013
- Now an app to remind you of your resolutions
- Lenovo chooses global social media shop
- Lenovo goes beyond advertising
- Lenovo targets the prosumer
- Opinion: It takes two to tango
- Lenovo's founder steps down as president
- Lenovo, Kraft get on MTV World Stage
- MTV World Stage returns
- Sina, Lenovo launch social TV
- Mindshare beefs up, Metia eyes growth
- AOTY Jury Spotlight: Cecilia Chan
- Lenovo India focuses on social media
- HR teams predicted to go social
- Koh rises to GM role at Lenovo