HKTB hands digital to Designercity
Hong Kong - The Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) has awarded its digital marketing duties to independent agency Designercity after an open tender.
The agency will be responsible for HKTB's digital presence in 14 languages across 20 countries, while Grey Hong Kong will continue to oversee its global advertising creative duties.
Last year, Designercity worked with HKTB on a project basis to restructure its corporate website under the slogan "Discover Hong Kong".
Designercity was unable to comment on the development at press time.
Earlier this month, HKTB announced the city's 36 million tourists spent a total of $209.98 billion, up 32.7% from 2009.
Another study from The Nielsen Company showed Mainland tourists spend on average $12,000 per visit, with 80% on clothing and electronic items.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Hong Kong Tourism Board
Hong Kong Tourism Board Related Stories:
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Hong Kong crowned shopping paradise
- Tourism Board catches up on Weibo
- Hungry for India's MICE biz
- Hong Kong drives tourism with Instagram
- Tourism Board invests $27m in summer push
- Outdoor ads in rising demand
- HKTB launches first campaign for the year
- HKTB maintains focus on Mainland tourism
- NEWS IN BRIEF: 6 January 2012
- HKTB New Year event fizzles out
- HKTB to spend HK$24m on Christmas cheer
- Hong Kong records record arrivals numbers
- Bhagat set to promote Hong Kong
- HKTB lights up the mid Autumn festival
- Text 100 promotes Chee
- Visa aims to cash in on tourism boom
- HKTB and Cathay offer mobile tour guide
- Mission to spur multi-destination tourism
- HKTB travels with Text 100