Fox hunt begins for creative agency
Malaysia - Fox International Channels (FIC) has kicked off its search for a creative agency, inviting several to participate in a closed-door pitch.
The brief was issued to several agencies on 18 January, with a one month time-line to put together ideas and make presentations.
With the pitch in the early stages, the network declined to name the invited agencies but said that a decision is expected to be made before the end of February.
Speaking to A+M, Basil Chua, director and territory head Malaysia at FIC, said the network has not engaged any retained creative agency since it began operations in the country just over a year ago.
However News Corporation is now in the position to engage a long-term creative partner, he said.
"We think there is now a need for us to take on the next stage of our strategic growth in Malaysia, to invest in building our brands, to further our brands' emotional connections with our viewers and to make our brands more locally relevant for Malaysians," Chua added.
Commenting on the scope of the remit, Chua said: "The first brief that we have issued, calls for a clear go-to ‘big idea' strategy and road map to grow one of our leading channel brands."
When asked for further details, Chua citing the "closed-door" nature of the pitch, declined to identify the channel brand in question.
Among the eight channel brands under FIC, Nat Geo Wild has performed strongly since its debut on 30 August last year, landing a ranking as the number one factual entertainment channel. It is the first channel on Astro (Channel 550) with three language narrations, Bahasa Malaysia (default), English and Chinese.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Fox International Channels Asia
Fox International Channels Asia Related Stories:
- Shell rides on the wild side
- Channel M and Scoot team up for K-Pop
- Canon snaps with Nat Geo
- Shell backs STAR Sports' travel series
- ESS relaunched as Fox Sports
- Now TV boosts mobile viewing experience
- The Walking Dead hits the streets
- FIC drives change with Caltex
- Fox's regional SVP exits
- FIC and Hypp TV team up for K-Pop
- Making pay TV... pay
- Pos goes wild with Nat Geo
- FIC aims high to build "Chinese HBO"
- Fox goes for local ad dollars
- Star Movies gives way to Fox Premium
- Fox finds a new way to understand viewers
- Eco-travel show set to promote Malaysia
- Nat Geo shines in Fox subscriber hunt
- Nat Geo Wild hunts Tamil audience
- Harty to depart .Fox for agency role