Carat scores US$20m KTO pitch
Hong Kong - Carat Hong Kong and Seoul-based ad agency HS Ad have bagged Korean Tourism's US$20 million, extending a partnership that started in 2009.
The partners won the account while pitching against Cheil Worldwide, Innocean Worldwide and Daehong communications.
Based out of Hong Kong, Carat will be responsible for on and offline media planning and buying across Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, India and UAE.
"The win demonstrates the consistency of strength across Asia Pacific and confirms Hong Kong as a key hub for the region." James Smyllie, regional business director, Carat Hong Kong, said.
The campaign will promote Korea as an intriguing destination, will include tourism marketing support and airing branded contents on local TV channels and social network services.
Junghwa Nho, senior global media planner at HS Ad in Seoul added that their experience and knowledge of the industry would boost the brand value of Korea.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Carat Hong Kong
Carat Hong Kong Related Stories:
- So you think you're social
- Smyllie promoted to new Aegis regional team
- Carat toasts with Pernod Ricard
- FANCL drops MediaCom for Carat
- Carat lands US$2m Sky Deck business
- Bossini dresses up M&M's for Halloween push
- Tourism Australia sets strong digital tone
- Carat lands US$20m Seoul media business
- Chu rejoins Carat Hong Kong in MD role
- Tribal DDB nabs Carat's strategy director
- Commercial Radio tunes in to iPhone apps
- Aegis rules out a Carat and wwwins merger
- Management overhaul at Aegis Hong Kong
- Esprit mulls next move for New Face work
- ANZ bank hands media duties to Carat
- Esprit kick starts hunt for next ad star
- New business nosedives in first half
- wwwins bowls over the competition
- Cancer Fund launches awareness drive
- Carat and wwwins launch digital JV