McDonald's Prosperity: A brand in itself
Malaysia - Returning for yet another season, McDonald's has brought back its signature Prosperity Burger offering, marking its eighteenth year in the market with a rigorous marketing push already in motion.
This year, the quick-service juggernaut's strategy for the Prosperity is to position the product as something "more than a burger". It is being positioned a brand in itself.
While the product's soft launch commenced on 7 December, the grand Prosperity launch is set to officially kick-off on 16 December with an aggressive above-the-line campaign to go full swing carrying the theme ‘Prosperity is Happiness. Share the Joy of Prosperity'.
The exercise will be carried out in three separate phases with each promoting a unique hamburger variant across different time periods.
Phase One will run for three weeks with a focus on the Prosperity Beef product while Phase Two also spanning three weeks will promote the Prosperity Chicken and Beef. The final stage centres round the Double Prosperity offering and will last four weeks.
The core demographic being targeted comprise of working adults with children from ages 25 to 39 while the secondary segment consists of young adults between 18 and 24.
While press ads have begun running in all major local dailies, TV spots are expected to launch soon on Astro and selected terrestrial TV channels. Outdoor efforts include billboard advertising as well as pillar wraps and wall murals at various colleges around town.
A radio campaign involving live broadcasts across several key stations is part of the overall initiative. While digital executions have rolled-out on McDonald's local Facebook Fan-page. BTL executions include buntings, tent cards, leaflets, trans-lites and pylon banners at McD's stores nationwide.
OMD was responsible for media buying and planning activities while Leo Burnett and Arc Interactive are the agencies handling creative and digital duties respectively.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- OMD Malaysia
Leo Burnett Malaysia Related Stories:
- LB gives away one free campaign
- CK Tan appointed BBDO Malaysia ECD
- Sama Sama portrays a Grand Welcome
- Behind the scenes at Leo Burnett KL
- Samsung Galaxy Wonderland debuts Home
- Leo Burnett hires Ong as COO
- Leo Burnett Malaysia welcomes new MD
- Samsung cheers for Team Malaysia
- Leo Burnett in recruitment overdrive
- Lowe shuffles top management roles
- PR: Integration key but talent still a problem
- McDonald's kicks off the great lunch debate
- Petronas F1 vision to debut
- Proton's Saga gets a lift
- Two drinks, one love
- Arc appoints design director
- McDonald's spreads love with a twist
- LB takes the wheel at Proton
- Proton and Erickson part ways
- Yasmin Ahmad aids LB to Gold Lions