Lexus flexes hybrid muscle
Malaysia - UMW Toyota Motor, which manages the Lexus brand locally has launched a marketing push comprising TV, print and digital to promote two of its latest hybrid models, namely LS 600h L and RX 450h.
Themed ‘The Power of H' (‘H' for Hybrid), the multi-million ringgit campaign which officially kicked-off yesterday (24 November) is set to last for at least two months.
Its main objective is to target affluent business owners and corporate professionals at upper management level who fall within 45 to 60 age bracket.
TV spots have already begun airing across Astro and will last until 1 December and print executions have rolled-out in several major English and Chinese newspaper titles such as Sin Chew Daily, Nanyang, The Star and The Edge.
A series of ad insertions are expected to begin featuring across selected magazines in January and February 2011. Digital advertising initiatives have gone live on several local and international corporate and business websites as well.
OMD is the media agency responsible for all media buying and planning duties while Dentsu Malaysia is the outfit holding its creative account locally.
All artwork and creatives surrounding the campaign were developed on a regional level by Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore and adapted locally by Toyota's Malaysian A-O-R Dentsu.
"Although the market may be limited right now, there is potential for future growth. We are confident that the interest and demand for Lexus Hybrid models will develop further in the coming years," said Kuah Kock Heng, president, UMW Toyota Motor.
Globally, Lexus offers a total of four Hybrid models - LS 600h L, RX 450h, GS 450h, HS 250h. The latest, the CT 200h will only be available in next year.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- OMD Malaysia
- Saatchi & Saatchi
- UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd
OMD Malaysia Related Stories:
- GroupM’s Menon to helm MSA
- OMD's Yean joins UM as GM
- Genting says YNot
- Genting rekindles with the youth
- OMD Malaysia wins Genting media
- The future is automation: OMD
- OMD Malaysia appoints Lim as MD
- Danone Dumex connects to parents online
- A Famosa checks in with OMD
- McDonald's Prosperity: A brand in itself
- OMD jumps out with 3D execution
- McDonald's spreads love with a twist
- PHD’s Lim joins MUM’s SOB advisory board
- Watching media grow with technology
- Promotion provides creative freedom
- UPDATED: Zenith bags Tesco
- Nice One, Carlsberg starts catchphrase
- Facebook increasingly popular in Malaysia
- Pernod Ricard banks on Chivalry
- Four shop for Tesco media