Anchor says "cheers" to smooth makeover
Malaysia – With the release of Anchor Smooth’s new look, Guinness Anchor Berhad has rolled-out a print campaign set to last for six months to promote the repackaged version of the said pilsener beer variant.
Worth RM 2 million, the marketing push is scheduled to run until March 2011.
The theme being carried by the initiative is "the same great taste with a smart new look" in which the core consumer segment being targeted consists of easy-going, down-to-earth and practical non-Muslim Malaysian males well within the legal drinking age.
The campaign also aims to maintain consistency in terms of branding across all its regional markets where Anchor Smooth is present while making the beer more youthful in its appeal.
While the first series of ads were executed in September, the latest collection of creatives began running is all major newspaper titles such as The Star, China Press, Sin Chew Daily, Guang Ming, Nanyang, Kwong Wah, and Oriental Daily News last week.
Below-the-line executions include various point-of-sale materials such as buntings and posters.
While G2 Direct Interactive was the agency responsible for all creative elements surrounding the exercise, G2 Public Relations handled all media-related and communications activities.
Media buying and planning duties were undertaken by Mindshare.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
- MindShare Malaysia
- G2 Direct Interactive
- Grey Two PR (G2 Public Relations)
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor