YouTube funds more content across Asia
Seoul - YouTube has delved further into content creation, with its Korean channel funding an exclusive spin-off of popular Korean TV drama series Naughty Kiss.
The Naughty Kiss YouTube special is packaged as a series of seven 10-minute web-only programmes. The original episodes debuted online yesterday (2 November) and will run over the next four to five weeks.
Viewing of the the first episode exceeded 230,000 in the first 18 hours.
YouTube and its content partner Group Eight are hoping to expand the channel into other markets with multi-language offerings in Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and English.
Naughty Kiss is a romantic comedy based on a Japanese comic Itazura na Kissu.
"This is a good opportunity to bring an entirely new audience to YouTube," a company spokesperson said.
The YouTube offering will also include 30-minutes of behind the scenes footage, ranging from cast interviews, a TV soap opera trailer and bloopers.
In the lead up to the launch the Naughty Kiss YouTube channel encouraged users to create sequel stories of their own, which generated a big response.
Since its launch, Naughty Kiss story has morphed from TV drama to animation series on Japanese and Taiwanese TV.
A YouTube spokesperson said it was too early to say if additional content and programming would be added._________________________________________________________________________________________
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
YouTube Related Stories:
- YouTube reveals new channels
- YouTube no more?
- Google opens e-learning channel for students
- YouTube's paid subscription move lauded
- Philippines' top 10 most-viewed on YouTube
- It's been a Psy-chotic 2012, YouTube confirms
- Millennials and the media
- YouTube spurs original content in Malaysia
- Unilever sponsors Ramadan YouTube channel
- Grubbs to leave Turner for key YouTube role
- Indonesia next to see localised YouTube
- YouTube becomes the voice of Asia
- YouTube introduces AdWords for videos
- Microsoft goes viral at $0 media cost
- Vochelle engages urban youths
- Brands reminisce with ‘My Generasi'
- MAS takes off on ‘The Big Flight’
- YouTube arrives in Malaysia
- YouTube gains traction post local launch
- IN BRIEF: iProperty, YouTube, Renault