Arachnid to spin digital web for Petronas
- PLI hands its digital business to Arachnid Malaysia
- Five other agencies involved in the pitch
- To develop PLI group website & future online initiatives
Malaysia - Following a recent competitive review involving six agencies, Petronas Lubricants International (PLI) has awarded its digital business to homegrown digital specialist agency Arachnid Malaysia.
According to a spokesperson from the creative outfit, IF Interactive and XM Malaysia also participated in the pitch for the account in question. Arachnid's core responsibilities on the account include the development of the PLI group website as well as various upcoming online initiatives.
The agency has been tasked with strategizing, ideating, developing, managing and tracking all digital efforts for the petroleum behemoth. The partnership is an extension of the agency's relationship with Petronas which was first established when Arachnid began working with several of its divisions including corporate, media relations and HR.
"We have full confidence that Arachnid will be able to help PLI establish itself and move forward in the digital world," said Rosman Roslan, group corporate communications and sponsorship general manager, Petronas Lubricants International.
PLI functions as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Petronas which manufactures, markets and distributes synthetic and mineral lubricants as well as functional fluids worldwide. It is aiming to establish a prominent presence in the digital sphere to support its business in over 20 countries._________________________________________________________________________________________
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
Petronas Related Stories:
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- No longer doing the Dappan
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Petronas inks three oil contracts
- Keppel inks contract with Petronas
- Hype & glamour:Riding the F1 wave
- Petronas surprised over F1 Rocks cancellation
- ESS kicks off F1 season with Petronas
- Stylo shifts gears with Fashion Grand Prix
- Petronas showcases Pursuit of Perfection
- Petronas reflects the value of forgiveness
- Petronas F1 vision to debut
- Petronas selects LB & DNA for creative remit
- Petronas creative biz remains "fair game"
- Petronas media pitch results imminent
- ESPNEWS commits to Malaysia market
- Petronas lubes up for global push
- Agencies in Petronas pitch fever
- Petronas sees big gains from F1 sponsorship
- Global branding fuels Petronas media remit