FedEx locks in ATP sponsorship
Hong Kong - FedEx has locked in global marketing rights to the ATP tennis tournament across the globe until 2013.
As a global platinum sponsor and official carrier of the ATP World Tour, FedEx will develop an enhanced analysis of player match records providing fans with added information on player success and consistency on different surfaces, in pressure situations, and against specific opponents.
This information, along with player videos, polls and more will be featured in a new section on ATPWorldTour.com called the FedEx Reliability Zone.
The sponsorship will launch at the 2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in November and extend through 2013.
In addition to global marketing rights, FedEx will become a sponsor of 17 ATP World Tour tournaments in 12 different countries, including Australia, China and Japan.
Reliability of performance will be a prevalent theme across all activities and reinforced visually with FedEx brand exposure on court at tournaments spanning four continents and on ATPWorldTour.com, the world's most popular website dedicated to tennis.
David L Cunningham, president of FedEx Express Asia Pacific said FedEx has an extensive history in sports marketing around the world which in Asia includes sponsorships of the SK Wyverns pro-baseball team in South Korea, New Zealand's Blackmatch sailing team, the Chinese Taipei basketball team in Taiwan and Olympic athletes such as Japanese hammer thrower Koji Murofushi and Singaporean swimmer Tao Li.
"The ATP World Tour sponsorship brings to life the exact attributes FedEx is well-known for: reliability, excellence, precision and leadership," he said.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Federal Express
Federal Express Related Stories:
- TradeCard expands, FedEx reprices
- Air cargo still holding on
- Boeing acquires, New FedEx hub
- FedEx sends message via 180 strategy
- Top marketers join agency awards program
- FedEx launches China-India cargo route
- FedEx lives to deliver a new ad campaign
- FedEx seizes the day
- FedEx makes Asia-Europe connection
- TNT mulls mail spin-off
- FedEx opens India office
- FedEx launches Boeing 777 service
- FedEx ups rates in 2010
- FedEx global campaign rolls with change
- ST Aerospace wins FedEx contract
- FedEx takes first 777 freighter
- FedEx aims to deliver customer satisfaction
- FedEx sees second half turnaround
- ASME members get FedEx discount
- FedEx appoints new M’sia head