GAB calls major pitch for PR biz
- GAB calls for competitive review for its PR account.
- Across all major brands - Tiger, Heineken, Anchor and Guinnes.
- Four agencies involved in pitch.
Malaysia - Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB) has officially called for a pitch in which its PR business covering major household brands Tiger, Guinness, Anchor, and Heineken is up for review with four known agencies involved in the exercise.
The public relations firms which have been invited to pitch include Edelman, G2PR, Ogilvy Public Relations, and Compass Communications. Initially, Milk & Co was also part of the review but due to undisclosed reasons, the said agency has chosen to opt out.
GAB has confirmed that the review is currently in progress whereby a series of pitch exercises have already commenced beginning at the end of last month.
The brand has told A+M that its new agency-of-record (A-O-R) will be appointed sometime between late September and early October - once each agency has had an opportunity to present their ideas for the account in question.
"Guinness Anchor Berhad is on the look-out for an agency which is able to provide us with both refreshing and interesting ideas. These ideas have to be in line with current market trends and must be capable of driving interest to all our signature brands," Sean Koh, marketing manager - mainstream, GAB told A+M.
G2PR is the beer company's current incumbent and is heavily involved with GAB's Tiger and Anchor PR-related duties.
Work on the account will begin immediately, following the official announcement of the next A-O-R's appointment.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Edelman Public Relations
- Grey Two PR (G2 Public Relations)
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor