Social media and ethics to be a focus for CPRF
Hong Kong - Simeon Mellalieu (pictured), general manager of Ketchum Hong Kong, has taken on the role of chairman at the Council of Public Relations Firms of Hong Kong.
The council, which supports the PR profession and its practitioners through accreditation, events and education programs, has also named its new-look board for the year ahead.
Mellalieu said one key area of focus will be the establishment of ethical standards with regard to social media, an area he said is growing rapidly in Asia.
"Another key priority will be examining the data protection systems in members’ offices to ensure as an industry we are safeguarding client and other confidential information effectively."
Outgoing chairman David Croasdale, managing director of Newell Public Relations, said the council weathered the financial crisis well and is in a strong position in 2010. Croasdale has been re-elected as deputy chairman.
"Despite the uncertain economic environment, the council had a productive year in 2009 and remains in good financial position," Croasdale said.
In 2009, two firms were newly accredited and three firms renewed their accreditation and this year seven agencies will undergo their third round of accreditation. Currently, sixteen firms are accredited in Hong Kong.
"Accreditation will continue to be an important way to promote professionalism in public relations and will continue to be our core focus," Mellalieu added.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Fleishman-Hillard Hong Kong
- Grebstad Hicks Communications
- Hill and Knowlton
- Newell Public Relations
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Hong Kong
- Bentley Communications
- Ketchum Newscan Public Relations
- Bite Communications
Fleishman-Hillard Hong Kong Related Stories:
- The Nature Conservancy steps up local efforts
- Hyatt hires Fleishman for China push
- Hitachi picks FH for regional PR biz
- Dassault Falcon parks with Fleishman
- FH bags S&P Indices biz across Asia
- FH promotes Joanna Wong to EVP
- Fleishman-Hillard bags PR for GoHome
- Fox hands regional brief to Fleishman
- Fleishman-Hillard takes regional PR for DFI
- BP - victim or villain?
- Fleishman-Hillard wins Comvita PR duties
- The digerati way
- Omnicom firms tackle corporate culture
- NZTE builds business ties with North Asia
- Chu joins Fleishman-Hillard as VP
- Fleishman-Hillard nabs ex Waggener Edstrom GM
- Fleishman-Hillard and MS&L to drive Huawei’s internationalization strategy