Tiger gets a solid platinum upgrade
- Tiger Beer promotes new look with We Are Giving Out Free Beer event
- The curtain opener for overall marketing campaign
- Nationwide tour featuring three bands taking place from Aug 25 - Sept 09
- Creative duties by Grey KL and PR handled byG2PR
- Mindshare is the media agency on the account
Malaysia - In line with the recent launch of Tiger Beer's official new look and packaging, the brand has rolled-out a rigorous marketing push comprising of a whole series of initiatives which kicked-off with its We Are Giving Out Free Beer campaign at Asia Café, Subang Jaya yesterday.
The main highlight of the event was the distribution of 7200 cans of Tiger beer, featuring the face-lifted version to promote the revamped packaging of the alcoholic beverage. Also, the on-ground exercise was aimed at engaging with fans by providing a personal connection, reaching out to the consumers and getting them to discuss their Tiger-from-gold-to platinum experiences.
A week prior to yesterday's event, several social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook were engaged to stir up a major buzz over the complimentary beer give-away and to get people in conversations about who was sponsoring the free beer. Speculation over the donor was vast and cooked up much curiosity amongst the public.
In addition, there were also print ads which ran in all major local dailies across three languages (English, Malay, and Chinese), consumer promotions which commenced at various hypermarkets, F&B establishments, and entertainment outlets throughout the Klang Valley as well as digital executions on Tiger's website and a few others.
The malted beverages company has dubbed the We Are Giving Out Free Beer exercise a success with over 3000 beer lovers having showed up to grab their on-the-house drinks with the queues beginning as early at 4pm.
"This tasteful and contemporary make-over is in line with Tiger's advancement as an international award winning brew but more importantly as a reward to our loyal consumers, in which the new look allows our consumers to progress stylishly with the times without compromising on the essence of Tiger," said Sean Koh, marketing manager, Tiger Beer Malaysia.
Also lined-up is a Tiger nationwide tour in four local states namely Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Penang, and Malacca which will feature two international bands namely Shin (from Taiwan) and Rubberband (from Hong Kong) as well as local sensation, Crossfire.
The said advertising and promotional tour is happening between August 25 and September 9 and will give Tiger Beer fans a chance to connect with the brand by getting up close and personal with the three bands representing the lager by making a special appearance in the various cities.
Grey Two PR is the agency handling all PR-related duties for the overall effort while media planning and buying activities were undertaken by Mindshare.G2 Direct Interactive Kuala Lumpur was responsible for all creative and digital elements of the ad campaign.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
- Grey Group Kuala Lumpur
- Grey Two PR (G2 Public Relations)
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor